The government will be providing grants of up to £6000 in an effort to boost green energy uptake
in UK homes through the installation of heat pumps. This will be done through the newly
announced Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS). These grants will help property owners with the
upfront cost of low carbon heating technologies. The scheme will run from April 2022 to April
How much can you expect to get?
You’ll be able to get:
- £5000 off the cost of installation of an air source heat pump
- £5000 off the cost and installation of a biomass boiler(restricted to rural locations and
properties that are not connected to a gas grid)
- £6000 off the cost of installation of a ground source heat pump
Will you be eligible?
In order to be eligible for the grant you will need to satisfy the following conditions:
- Live in England or Wales
- BOwn a property(home or small non domestic property)
The property will need to have the following:
- An installation capacity up to 45kWth(this covers most homes)
- A valid Energy Performance certificate(EPC) with no outstanding recommendations for loft or
cavity wall insulation(unless you have an insulation exemption)
Our installers will advise you whether a low carbon heating system is suitable for your property.
How will this work?
We will apply for the grant on your behalf. The value of the grant will be discounted off the price you pay.
- Book a heat pump survey with one of our MCS certified installers who will take your heat loss calculations, measurements and EPC rating.
- Our installer will advise you on whether an installation is eligible for a grant
- A quote is provided and the kW system perfect for you home
- Once the quotation is agreed for installation we will apply for the grant
- You will confirm that our installers are acting on your behalf when you are contacted by Ofgem
There are only 90,000 payments available
over the course of three years. This means there are
only 30,000 payments available every year
. This may seem like a lot, but this is for the entire
UK!! These are expected to be claimed within the first few weeks after the date for installers to
claim them will open up. Be one of the lucky homes
to benefit from this scheme and get one
installed as soon as next week
. In these worrying times where energy prices are skyrocketing,
investments into heat pumps can pay off in the long run and provide much needed security in
terms of energy and heating.
Call us today GET A QUOTE TODAY